Hi,

I would be also interested in, having a strong opinion on technology stack, but
fully open to design and function.

My suggestion is writing a Desktop App with Kotlin Jetpack Compose for Desktop:

Props:
* modern, state of the art, way to write reactive UI (natural way to implement
unidirectional data flows architectures)
* JVM target
* open source, backed by Google And Jetbrains (they use it in their critical
products)
* Kotlin provides 1A class interoperability support with Java and JVM
* since Jetpack Compose is originally created and used by Android, you can have
an Android App out of the box, with little effort
* integration with Jetbrains Intellij
* even if you don't know Jetpack Compose Framewrok, you can contribute too with
your Java/Kotlin skills imedialtely on domain/bussines etc. parts of code ..
* easy to learn
* with multiplatform support are native apps with their native UI frameworks
(e.g. iOS)

Cons:
* Still in Alpha
* backed by Google and Jetbrains
* Kotlin is probably not the number one programming language here

Best regards,
Michal