Hello,

Indeed, it is a solution focused on the S7-400H(F)[1], also applicable to
the S7-1500H (but since I don't have the hardware, I'm not saying it
works). :-)

>From the video you can see that there are two PLCs in parallel, which
generates the HA for the entire hardware.

For the tests I have the S7-400 CPU, with two CP 443-1, which allows me to
emulate the S7-400H.

Going back to the point, the connection scheme monitors outgoing and
incoming traffic, this is because there is a subscription service that can
be synchronous (CYC) or asynchronous (ALRM), as well as internal services
to check the channel (PING).

I am currently incorporating all these features into the driver that were
removed at some point :-( .

Absolutely agree with Chris regarding functional tests for generic routines
(SPI, etc.), I'm just presenting this as a specific solution that might
help visualize other solutions.

Ok and so on...

My grain of sand.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwHHqCoGKeA