The static logger declaration is still a thing made by (older/elder? ;)) java developers, mainly because log4j 1.x/commons-logging/jul loggers were advised to be made like that. With switch to slf4j static is no longer mandatory/strongly recommended. Most of code I make myself rely on logger field, but I've seen people who do it with `@Slf4j` annotation coming from Lombok.

Anyhow, is there a intention (not yet a plan) to unify this part of our code?

Best,
Łukasz