From: Harry Zhou [mailto:superha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2015 00:28
To: POI Developers List
Subject: Re: [Discussion] Generating MS Word documents based on templates

Hi Oliver,

We build an internal tool similar to your description using a combination or
Apache POI and Freemarker (the web framework for UI is Apache Tapestry).
Output documents we need are DOCX.

The hard part, as you probably already know, is to give users the ability to
manipulate templates.  Document assembly process is pretty straightforward.

So yes, at least for our simple internal tool, Apache POI works.  Not familiar
with docx4j so can't speak to that.

Harry

--
Best Regards