On Sun, 24 Apr 2016, Andreas Beeker wrote:
I had a look at the Jasons JAXB rebundled code [1], but I guess we aren't allowed to include GPL2 code, even as a dependency or do I understand [2] wrong?

Apart from a few special cases (build tools, testing resources, completely optional plugins), and even then only under certain conditions, no GPL is allowed

However, Jason could always re-license his existing code. (Whether he'd be willing to is a different matter!)

Not sure, if it makes sense to call a vote, where we want to go ...

I think we still need more prototyping to check what is and isn't a viable option, before we go voting on things

Nick