Hi, everyone.

I've been working in a solution with an implementation
of XSSFSheetXMLHandler.SheetContentsHandler interface and struggled with
date-formatted cells. I wonder why the format code that is present in the
style file is not provided in method

public void cell(String cellReference, String formattedValue, XSSFComment
comment),

thus making it something like:

public void cell(String cellReference, String formattedValue, XSSFComment
comment, String formatString)

It would greatly improve user code flexibility if the format string that is
used to define a cell was also provided in this method. It would avoid the
need of extending org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler when the sole purpouse
is to have access to the cell format string.

Any thoughts or considerations?

Regards,

--
Wilson de Carvalho.