Hi,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 4.0.0 (RC1).

The most notable changes in this release are:

- Removed support for Java 6 and 7 making Java 8 the minimum version supported
- Unsplit packages for Jigsaw / Java 9 compatibility
- OutputStreams aren't closed by write(OutputStream) methods anymore
- Depends on new XMLBeans 3.0.1 release
- New ooxml-schema version 1.4 - use via poi-ooxml-schema (preferred) or
ooxml-schema artifact
- OPOIFS* classes removed / NPOIFS* classes renamed to OPOIFS*
- new XDDF classes for shared diagram/chart functionality of X**F modules

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.0.0-RC1/

All tests pass. ASC files verify and SHA* are correct.
There's no clutter in the src/bin packages.

Please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open until we have have feedback from TIKA and a consent on the
govdocs results.

Planned release announcement date is open.

Here is my +1

Andi