Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 24, 2019, at 3:31 PM, Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> First of all, thank you Greg for taking the release manager role - I know
> it's time consuming especially in the beginning.
>
> It's ok, but not nice to have the bin directory in the src dist duplicated in
> (/bin, /src/shell) - we can change that on the next release. I still think
> it's better to have the shell scripts not under /bin in the source tree.

+1
> I don't like to have the javadocs in the src dist, but rather would like to
> see them in bin dist.

+1

> In my view, the src dist is a copy of the trunk whereas the bin dist contains
> all the compiled/generated artifacts.

+1

> The pgp signature (*.asc) doesn't need to be check-summed - for Nexus, I'm
> not sure if they are automatically created on uploading the signature files.

+1, it doesn’t serve any purpose I’ve only ever seen it on a single project in
the incubator and at least on Apache dist they should be removed.

> Sorry for my late response - I've followed the discussions about the release,
> but was too busy/tired for a timely follow-up.
>
> - project structure / modularization (xmlbean_xpath.jar, xmlpublic.jar,
> xbeans.jar, ...):
>   the source is full of modules, reflection calls and references to
> xbeans.jar - I feel the urge to clean up that (in my view) mess. Basically we
> should provide a xmlbeans.jar which contains everything and minimize
> reflections.
>
> - the KEYS file: I'd like to have one merged KEYS file for both projects and
> use svn externals to link to the one place.

Since they are both in the same dist area in on Apache then they must be merged
or the main one has all the keys.

There is one place on dist and never inside a release.

Regards,
Dave