Along with the link Donald gave, check this out:
http://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html
<http://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html>

We will need at least 2 release managers before graduation, any volunteers?

On Aug 30, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Mars Hall <mars.h...@salesforce.com> wrote:

Thank you Donald for leading the charge here,

From my perspective PredictionIO is already Apache in process & title.
Graduation seems quite natural to reach top-level recognition.

I'm interested in helping with PMC duties. Would be great to understand
what the VP vs Member responsibilities look like.

Let's graduate. +1

*Mars

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 15:21 Pat Ferrel <p...@occamsmachete.com> wrote:

> I have had several people tell me they want to wait until PIO is not
> incubating before using it. This even after explaining that “incubating”
> has more to do with getting into the Apache Way of doing things and has no
> direct link to quality or community. I can only conclude from this that
> “incubating” is holding back adoption.
>
> And yet we have absorbed the Apache Way and will have at least 3 releases
> (including 12) a incubating. We have brought in a fair number of new
> committers and seem to have a healthy community of users.
>
> +1 for a push to graduate.
>

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 10:20 PM, Donald Szeto <don...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Since the ASF Board meeting in May (
>
> http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2017/board_minutes_2017_05_17.txt
> ),
> PredictionIO has been considered nearing graduation and I think we are
> almost there. I am kickstarting this thread so that we can discuss on these
> 3 things:
>
> 1. Does the development community feel ready to graduate?
> 2. If we are to graduate, who should we include in the list of the initial
> PMC?
> 3. If we are to graduate, who should be the VP of the initial PMC?
>
> These points are relevant for graduation. Please take a look at the
> official graduation guide:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html.
>
> In addition, Sara and I have been working to transfer the PredictionIO
> trademark to the ASF. We will keep you updated with our progress.
>
> I would also like to propose to cut a 0.12.0 release by merging JIRAs that
> have a target version set to 0.12.0-incubating for graduation. 0.12.0 will
> contain cleanups for minor license and copyright issues that were pointed
> out in previous releases by IPMC.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Regards,
> Donald