While not a comment about this proposal I have a comment another split bundle
concept.

Manually split out a topic into its own bundle.

Say a bundle is 0x00000000 to 0x00000200 with 5 topics.

t1 at 0x00000010
t2 at 0x00000030
t3 at 0x00000110
t4 at 0x00000123
t5 at 0x000001AE

Let’s split out t3 to it’s own bundle and then have three new bundles:

0x00000000:0x0000010F - t1, t2
0x00000110:0x00000110 - t3
0x00000111:0x00000200 - t4, t5

This can be useful when t3 has most of the traffic