GitHub user Raunak-Agrawal edited a discussion: Need max redelivery count at
message level.

I am trying to implement retries at the message level. Depending on the type of
message ( which is failed due to some exceptions) , I want to have different
retry policy. Like some messages will have exponential retry with max retries
count of 10. While some messages will have constant retry with retries
happening till 12pm midnight. It could also be for eg. Depending on type of
exception, I want to retry it differently.

I am trying to use reconsumeLater() to do this. But I am not sure how to set
maxRedelivery at message level. Because from the docs, I can see, it needs to
be set at consumer level. If we set at consumer level, all messages will
inherit the same configuration.

I am also expecting after the retries are exhausted, messages move to the DLQ.

Can anyone help me on how can I build such retry policy and attach to message.

GitHub link: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/discussions/17626

----
This is an automatically sent email for dev@pulsar.apache.org.