GitHub user raunakagrawal47 edited a comment on the discussion: Need max
redelivery count at message level.

Thanks for your reply @Jason918 . One last question, do we need a retry topic
to implement reconsumeLater()? Or can it work without that?
So, basically, I have a main topic which is subscribed to main events and then
one DLQ topic to send errored messages to. Now, do I also need a retry topic if
I am using reconsumeLater() to redeliver messages?

I tried using reconsumeLater() without retry topic and still i was able to get
messages redelivered.
Also, one more question is, if a consumer goes down due to some issues, does it
get replayed back from the main queue or the retry topic queue?

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/discussions/17626#discussioncomment-3680313

----
This is an automatically sent email for dev@pulsar.apache.org.