Hello Apache Pulsar Community,

This is a call for the vote to release the Apache Pulsar Helm Chart
version 3.0.0.

This is our first official vote to release the helm chart. It follows
a newly merged release process that is still subject to change
(https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/pull/301).

I did a major version bump to mitigate the security concerns raised by
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/issues/294.

The release candidate is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pulsar/helm-chart/3.0.0-candidate-1/

pulsar-chart-3.0.0-source.tar.gz - is the "main source release".
pulsar-3.0.0.tgz - is the binary Helm Chart release.

Public keys are available at: https://www.apache.org/dist/pulsar/KEYS

Here is a draft of the 3.0.0 release notes:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/pull/322

For convenience "index.yaml" has been uploaded (though excluded from
voting), so you can also run the below commands.

helm repo add apache-pulsar-dist-dev
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pulsar/helm-chart/3.0.0-candidate-1/
helm repo update
helm install pulsar apache-pulsar-dist-dev/pulsar

pulsar-3.0.0.tgz.prov - is also uploaded for verifying Chart
Integrity, though it is not strictly required for releasing the
artifact based on ASF Guidelines.

You can optionally verify this file using this helm plugin
https://github.com/technosophos/helm-gpg, or by using helm --verify
(https://helm.sh/docs/helm/helm_verify/). However, I had trouble with
the formatting of our KEYS file while trying to get the helm --verify
feature to work.

helm gpg verify pulsar-3.0.0.tgz

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but members of the community are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

For license checks, the .rat-excludes files is included, so you can
run the following to verify licenses (just update $PATH_TO_RAT to
point to your binary download of
https://creadur.apache.org/rat/download_rat.cgi):

tar -xvf pulsar-chart-3.0.0-source.tar.gz
cd pulsar-chart-3.0.0
java -jar $PATH_TO_RAT/apache-rat-0.15/apache-rat-0.15.jar . -E .rat-excludes

Additionally, tests to verify upgrade scenarios are particularly helpful.

Please note that the version number excludes the `-candidate-X`
string, so it's now
simply 3.0.0. This will allow us to rename the artifact without modifying
the artifact checksums when we actually release it.

Thanks,
Michael