Hi all,

I would like to start a VOTE on `PIP-245: Make subscriptions of non-persistent
topic non-durable`.

Motivation:

There are two types of subscriptions for a topic: Durable and Non-durable.

We create a Consumer with a Durable subscription and a Reader with a
Non-durable subscription.

But for NonPersistentTopic, creating a Durable subscription is meaningless,
NonPersistentSubscription doesn't have a ManagedCursor to persistent its data.
After its consumer disconnected, the subscription couldn't be removed
automatically if we didn't set the value of subscriptionExpirationTimeMinutes
greater than 0.

For subscriptionExpirationTimeMinutes, it controls the subscription expiration
of NonPersistentTopic and PersistentTopic, if we set the value of
subscriptionExpirationTimeMinutes greater than 0, it may lead to data loss(The
durable subscriptions of PersistentTopic also can be removed).

And the Non-durable subscriptions will be removed automatically after all the
consumers disconnected, it's the existing logic.

For the purpose of removing the subscriptions which have no active consumers of
NonPersistentTopic and the above reasons, we can make all the subscriptions of
a NonPersistentTopic Non-durable.

For more details, you can read: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19448
<https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19448>

And the discuss thread is available at: