Hi Enrico,

> Also we can do this kind of changes only on a major release, say 3.0.0
or 3.1.0 but this is not a big problem.

Sure, we can only make this change on the major release.

> I wonder if we could use the Java HTTP client that is available on
modern JDKs in case we switch to requiring JDK11 on the client
Less dependencies is always a good choice for many reasons

For Pulsar 3.x, if all components use the JDK 11, I would switch the HTTP
client to the JDK HttpClient from the async-http-client.

Right now, the admin/client compiler is JDK 8,  for Pulsar 3.x, I suggest
we should upgrade this compiler to JDK 11 to keep up with the modern JDKs.

Thank you for your idea!

Thanks,
Zixuan

Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com> 于2023年2月14日周二 18:01写道: