Async-http-client has always been super-stable in the past and is being
used by many other Java projects. I don't see any risk of being abandoned.
The fact that activity was quiet is mostly related to this project being
"complete" from a feature standpoint (which is good).

The alternatives are really not "async" and would cause a lot of
performance regressions and other headaches.

--
Matteo Merli
<matteo.me...@gmail.com>