Hi,

Thank you Mattison for starting this thread because I am feeling some of
the community members are making new contributors' life difficult and
trying to enforce rules which were never discussed and discourage them from
contributing to Pulsar. I really don't want to see the Pulsar community
become like Confluent but the Pulsar community should welcome and encourage
contributors so, we can grow the Pulsar community, If we help and
encourage companies to contribute for their requirements then we can
increase the Pulsar adoption.
For example: our PIP requirement :
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/master/wiki/proposals/PIP.md doesn't
talk about anything specific about config changes but that PR was blocked
because of undocumented reasons. There are many such PRs that might have
merged but it would not be fair to discourage new contributors by giving
undocumented and invalid reasons.
So, let's help and encourage community and new contributors so we can
increase Pulsar adoption across the industry which should help everyone to
grow together.

Thanks,
Rajan