I second everything Yunze said.
Just glance over the amount of configuration Pulsar has - it's almost a
book.

Configuration and metrics are basically the public facing side of Pulsar.
We want Pulsar to be easy to use , for it to be an awesome developer
experience.

It starts by making sure we discuss - not months - short discussion - on
the added metrics or configuration.
Is the name ok?
Have you added documentation for it?
What does it reflect?
Must we have it?

Yes we can do it in PRs, but since public API is crucial, a PIP requires 3
votes, thus 3 people to say it's ok.

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/master/wiki/proposals/PIP.md does
state metrics or public API mandate a PIP.
Should we add config there to make it more explicit?