Hi Girish,

There is also a discussion thread[1] about rate-limiting.

I think there is some conflicts between some kind of rate-limiter and
backpressure

Take the fail-fast strategy as an example:
Brokers have to reply to clients after receiving and decode the message,
but the broker also has the back-pressure mechanism. Broker cannot read
messages because the channel is `disableAutoRead`.

So the rate-limiters have to adapt to back-pressure.

Thanks,
Tao Jiuming

2023年10月19日 20:51,Girish Sharma <scrapmachi...@gmail.com> 写道:

Hi,
Currently, there are only 2 kinds of publish rate limiters - polling based
and precise. Users have an option to use either one of them in the topic
publish rate limiter, but the resource group rate limiter only uses polling
one.

There are challenges with both the rate limiters and the fact that we can't
use precise rate limiter in the resource group level.

Thus, in order to support custom rate limiters, I've created the PIP-310

This is the discussion thread. Please go through the PIP and provide your
inputs.

Link - https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/21399

Regards
--