hi Enrico,

I still think it doesn't matter

1. Offload a topic or not, configured by
`managedLedgerOffloadAutoTriggerSizeThresholdBytes`/`managedLedgerOffloadThresholdInSeconds`,
even though we may trigger a bunch of stuff, it's expected behavior

2. After triggered to offload a topic, the offload task will be added to an
Executor, currently, we have 2 threads to execute offload with sync mode,
so, even though there are thousands of topics, only 2 tasks can be executed
at the same time, other tasks wait.

3. If you are worrying about system overwhelmed, there is a PR to introduce
offload throttling(https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/22385),
it is for the purpose of protect the broker, it has been pending in review
for a loooong time, I'm very appreciate it that if you can help review

4. There are toooo many flags in pulsar(~500),  I think we should be
cautious when introducing new FLAGs

Thanks,
Tao Jiuming

Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>于2024年5月5日 周日13:44写道: