Il giorno lun 6 mag 2024 alle ore 04:15 Hang Chen <chenh...@apache.org> ha
scritto:

> Hi Enrico,
>     I agree with Jiuming, we do not need a flag to control this
> behavior. We will call `maybeOffloadInBackground` method in the
> managedledger init stage. This method only checks the offload policies
> to decide if we need to trigger offload. If the offload conditions are
> met, use the scheduled executor to trigger offload. The whole check
> process has no blocking calls and won't impact the managedledger init.
>
> https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/eee3694f00e269eef0f75d791521d0d35d8ff411/managed-ledger/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/mledger/impl/ManagedLedgerImpl.java#L2475-L2489

I see, but when a broker loads a bundle with many topics, you trigger
immediately offloading for them, even if they don't have much traffic.
This is kind of a "bad surprise" when you update a cluster to the newer
version and you don't expect load to spike unexpectedly.
My concerns is only about the upgrade path for users coming from older
versions

Maybe it is not a big deal ?

Enrico