Thanks for the proposal!

Instead of modifying the existing Pulsar client library, I think it's better to
create a separate library. The request-reply / rpc model can be implemented on
top of the Pulsar client instead of making the support for request-reply a
first class citizen of the client API.
There's an example of a Pulsar based RPC framework at
https://github.com/streamnative/pulsar-recipes/tree/main/rpc .

We'd like to keep the Pulsar client library API as stable as possible and
without increasing the size of it. The RPC library could be considered as a
plugin or an add-on if we were to make it available in the Apache Pulsar
project. I'll be happy to support this type of design.

-Lari