On 2024/08/18 13:16:39 SiNan Liu wrote:
> Although at present, there is no support from many people in the email
> discussion. But I think things still have to have a result.

I have provided some feedback to you in my previous messages,
https://lists.apache.org/thread/moc1lnl7mnz1x17o075zywovookos3z1 and
https://lists.apache.org/thread/yxx2xb7drsp6t20crmfq40jxl7rszsop .

Not all proposals get accepted in Pulsar core. In this case, I have suggested
to make it an addition to Pulsar and make progress that way.

I understand that when one has put a lot of time and effort in a proposal, it
feels really hard when a proposal isn't accepted. One of the reasons why
there's a discussion phase in the PIP process is to reduce the risk of
rejection after a lot of time and effort has been invested in the proposal.
Proposals that don't get support from active Pulsar contributors are at the
risk of not getting accepted at all.

In this case, the result is that when there's no support, it's not accepted to
the core project.
In Apache project, the project decision are made "in the Apache way" with
"Consensus Decision Making". A decision to accept something to the project
requires consensus. There is no central authority who makes a decision. Perhaps
that's also why there isn't always clear results to proposals. You can read
more about this in [1] and [2]. I hope you continue to feel welcomed to the
Apache Pulsar community and contributing to Apache Pulsar.

-Lari

1 - https://www.apache.org/theapacheway/
2 - https://theapacheway.com/