Hi,

I have created this PIP a few months back and it is having relatively a
simple and non-breaking change, and voting is open for a while but this PIP
still has not received the required number of binding VOTE to move forward.
Another recent example is PIP-271 which is a very useful and simple api
change and we also would like to use it but VOTE is open for more than a
year now and not moving forward even after reminding multiple times. I
understand contributors of the projects would be busy and they also have
priorities to review specific PIPs which is part of their organization
interest but due to lack of bandwidth to review other PIPs, we are not able
to move forward with PIP and implementation even though those PIPs already
have partial approval with binding VOTE.
Therefore, I think we should improve the PIP process to encourage such
useful PIPs which are sitting for a long time to wait for complete
approval, and those PIP can be unblocked and move forward. So, we should
also add max waiting time for any PIP which has partial binding VOTE (at
least 1 binding VOTE) and non-negative binding VOTE can move forward after
waiting for max 1 month. This way , we can still have an approved review
from binding VOTE and max time can give contributors hope to get their
change available to get the benefit of Pulsar for their organization.
We should really improve the process as it is really painful for the org or
contributors who have to wait such long for useful changes in Pulsar.

Thanks,
Rajan