> On Sep 23, 2024, at 8:07 PM, Yunze Xu <x...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I have similar concerns for it. Some PIPs might not get enough
> attention. Generally I agree with the proposal that a PIP should be
> treated as "approved" if
> - there is at least 1 binding +1 vote
> - there is no binding -1 vote
> - the vote has started for over a month
>
> Additionally, if a PMC member gave a -1 vote, he/she should be
> responsible to actively respond to the proposal changes or
> explanations from the author. If the PMC member never respond to the
> PIP author for a long time, this binding -1 vote should also be
> invalidated.

A -1 without a technical reason should be considered invalid. Please see this
standard advice from the ASF: https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#Veto

An -1 from a PMC member on a PIP must stand if they provide a valid technical
reason. Ones that don’t should be immediately be considered invalid.

Best,
Dave