On 1/16/09, Robbie Gemmell <gemme...@dcs.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hmm, well ive ended up back in the lab for a bit longer afterall, so...

*hug*

>  On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 11:09 -0500, Rafael Schloming wrote:
>  > William Henry wrote:

>  > > I'm not fond of the 'Q'. It reminds me of a request-reply call - the
> arrow goes out and comes back.
>  >
>  > Another fairly geeky interpretation would be that it is reminiscent of a
>  > circular data structure like a circular buffer or a circular queue.
>  >

>  Not sure if im the only one but i dont particularly ever try to
>  interpret logos, I just go by what looks nice not whether its trying to
>  represent hehe (out of interest, anyone know what the Apache feather is
>  all about anyway? :P I have no idea, but i think its nice hehe)...

Symbolic logos do get interpreted by many people (that's the social
science talking). It's important to pick something that won't be
negatively interpreted. I'm not sure request/reply is a bad symbolism
though.

Having said that, symbolic logos aren't bad. They're good because
they're highly distinctive, and help build brand awareness. I would
quite like to be able to get merch/tat with a Qpid Q on it and have
people just know that it's Qpid. Obviously this only applies to a
certain subset of people.

Maybe something with a double arrow?

- Aidan (My, that's a mighty fine looking bikeshed you got there..)
http://qpid.apache.org