On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com> wrote:

I really like the proposal, and I think having a standardised AMQP url
is a big win.

> ** Differences from Qpid Java format
>
> Addresses are at the start of the URL rather than in the "brokerlist"
> option.
>
> Option format is ?foo=bar&x=y rather than ?foo='bar'&x='y'. The use of
> ' quotes is not common for URI query strings. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string

I hate that the java urls have both of those and am so glad to see them going.

> user, pass and clientid are options rather than having a special place at
> the front of the URL.
> clientid is a Qpid proprietary property and user/pass are not relevant in
> all authentication schemes.

I think we should probably use username:passw...@host syntax for this,
it's more inline with what other URL formats such as http and ftp. It
also has the advantage of being more obvious that you're including
authentication information so less prone to accidently leaking it when
cut and pasting urls. If they're not relevant in the negotiated authen
scheme then they can be dropped. I think it's useful to have the
ability to include them, though I would tend to discourage their usage
from a security PoV.

Putting clientid as a property makes sense.

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org