On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Marnie McCormack <
marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Well put, and aside from any excitement caused (and driving Rafi to read
> our
> docs :-), apologies for my heated response

Marnie no need to apologize. Debating and raising concerns are good and you
are most welcomed to provide your input.

> ! Having had mainly Java docs for
> quite a while, and laid out in such a way that users I sent to the site
> could follow them I'd admit to finding some of the top level changes quite
> C++ oriented. Thus the fustration.

I too agree that the FAQ is a bit C++ -ish.
So we could leave only general stuff in the top level FAQ  and then push C++
or Java specific info in to FAQs under the broker pages.
I see that the java broker has it's own FAQ already. So we can follow a
similar model for the c++ broker.
I could work with Carl/Jonathan and see how best to get the above done.

> In the interests of good karma, I don't mind if you go ahead with the
> DocumentationB page Rajith.
>
> A list of useful JMS client docs would be a useful addition if you know
> what
> you'd like to see there too - would be happy to contribute ?

For starters I broke down the existing java documentation into the broker
and client section.
Could you please have a look there and see what can be improved?
For the java client I added some empty pages that I plan to fill in as and
when time permits.

Another reason why I broke down the the brokers, clients and management
tools is for us to focus more on providing good documentation for each area.
I see a lot of users on the lists asking questions about a specific client
and would be great if we can point out to the documentation.
When I did this I noticed how sparse the documentation is for most of the
clients with python and ruby having the least.
In contrast to the clients the brokers had decent documentation.

Regards,

Rajith

--
Regards,