On 01/04/2010 02:43 PM, Robert Godfrey wrote:
2010/1/4 john dunning<j...@redhat.com>

I'm squiffing up qpid-config to add the ability to configure xml
exchanges and queue bindings.  I'm trying to add stuff to the test suite
(cpp/src/tests/cli_tests.py and related) to match.

The difficulty I have right now is that the xml support is optional.  If
you didn't configure for xml and load the module when you started the
broker, you don't get xml support, and my test case flames out.

It's not too hard to make the wrapper script (run_cli_tests) sense the
presence of the module and only optionally add the --load-module arg.
Presumably something analogous could be done on windows as well.  It's
less clear to me how to make the test code sense that the environment is
sans-xml and DTRT.

Possibilities which come to mind:

1.  Trap the error (about xml being unhandled) and ignore it
2.  Move the xml test out into a separate module, and only invoke it if
we're configured the right way.
3.  Interrogate the broker to ask him if he does xml (is this even
possible?)

In the interests of making our test cases portable to other brokers (and in
particular the Java Broker) i would really like to see some way of making
this third option happen :-)  Something to add to the things you can
interrogate via QMF perhaps...

You can declare an XML exchange and catch the exception if it fails.