On 01/06/2010 11:20 AM, john dunning wrote:
On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 16:11 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 01/06/2010 04:05 PM, Alan Conway wrote:

Thats true, but I think it is still worth splitting out test sets for
optional modules into separate files for the sake of clarity and
readability.

Yes, thats a fair point.

Thanks all.  For the immediate goal (getting the new features into
qpid-config and adding tests for them) I'm going to go with the least
intrusive solution, which seems to be sensing the presence of the xml.so
and driving the rest of the infrastructure accordingly.

There likely does deserve to be some followon work to split up the test
stuff in a more modular way.

Shoud have mentioned this earlier but the cluster module is an existing example of this. The way it works is
 - all cluster-specific build & test rules are in src/tests/cluster.mk
 - cluster.mk has the form "if HAVE_LIBCPG ... endif"
 - cluster.mk is included in Makefile.am

The existing XML tests are handled similarly but they're not broken out into a separate .mk file as they're currently quite trivial. If you add a lot of tests then it might be worth breaking this out int xml.mk