Robert Godfrey wrote:
Overall I think with a bit of work from both the C++ and Java communities we
can get the brokers to look and behave much more similarly... however we
will also need to change the way we work a bit so that when we decide to add
new features we attempt to discuss and agree before implementing. It will do
no good to get the brokers temporarily aligned if they immediately begin to
drift apart again.

I'm just thinking aloud here, but perhaps it would help to gather our various disparate documentation snippits into a single canonical feature glossary somewhere in SVN. Ideally in some format that could be easily fed into the documentation, but could also serve as a source for other things such as generating test matrices, and doing feature based coverage analysis.

--Rafael