Alan Conway wrote:
On 02/02/2010 04:23 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
Some of you may recall that I ranted a bit just prior to the freeze for
the 0.6 release about how lots of non-client related stuff has been
accumulating in the python directory as of late. It was a bit too late
to do anything about it at the time, but as the freeze is over now, I'd
like to start cleaning things up a bit.

For that reason I intend to make the following moves over the next few
days. Please shout if this will disrupt you or if you disagree with any
of the locations I've picked.

These are the files currently under qpid/python:

Makefile
LICENSE.txt
NOTICE.txt
README.txt
RELEASE_NOTES
todo.txt
commands/ ---> qpid/tools
doc/
examples/
mllib/ ---> qpid/extras/mllib
models/ ---> qpid/sandbox/models
preppy
qmf/ ---> qpid/extras/qmf
qmf2/ ---> qpid/extras/qmf
qpid/
qpid-python-test
qpid_config.py
setup.py
tests/
tests_0-10/ ---> qpid/tests/amqp_0-10
tests_0-8/ ---> qpid/tests/amqp_0-8
tests_0-9/ ---> qpid/tests/amqp_0-9

Do you still want to move qpid/brokertest.py out of the python dir? Would that move to tests/qpid?
I'll need to  update some scripts in the cpp tree if/when that moves.

I do still want to move that somewhere, although I'm not sure where. I'll give you a heads up before I do anything with that and I'll make sure the cpp build & tests are in order.

One thing I've realized in futzing with this a bit is that you can't actually have multiple independently installable packages with the same top level name in python, e.g. my plan of having the python client under qpid.* and the protocol tests under qpid.broker_0-* needs to be slightly further amended in some way so that the two qpid packages won't conflict.

--Rafael