On 02/10/2010 02:54 PM, Kerry Bonin wrote:
I just validated a report from a few of my developers that TTL doesn't seem
to be working with the 0.6 broker, is anyone working on this ?  If not I can
have a look.  If it does work I'd like to compare notes to see what we're
doing wrong...  Thx!

(may be QPID-1418, QPID-1575 ?)

This has been seen by my Python developer using 0.5 api w/ 0.6 broker, and I
just saw in 0.6 trunk C++ using Messaging.  In the C++ I'm creating w/
type:topic, calling qpid::messaging::Message.setTTL( TIME_SEC * 2 ), and
never see the events go away.  Not sure if this is a broker issue or a
messaging issue...

They should be reaped at mgnt interval if no client connected, or when
someone trys to consume messages.

Are they not being reaped on an idle queue or you getting expired messages
at the consumer?

Carl.