On 03/11/2010 02:47 PM, Alan Conway wrote:
On 03/11/2010 09:31 AM, Jonathan Robie wrote:
Here's a PDF built from the Qpid Wiki, converted to DocBook:

http://people.apache.org/~jonathan/qpid-book.pdf

I'm posting this now as a sign of life, to give a feel for where this is
headed, and to get feedback on the organization.

There are some things that still need cleaning up:

- some links don't resolve properly
- some formatting issues
- some pages have been updated since I converted them

But some of this should simply be replaced with new content - I have
some existing content that we can contribute, and I'd like to start
creating new content here, instead of or in addition to the Wiki.

I'd also like to get some other people working on this with me. I'd
particularly like to get someone to be in charge of the section on the
Java Broker.

Who wants to get involved in this?

This is a great start, we really need proper versioned documentation.

Indeed, thanks! Can you put in a readme with some basic instructions/process for building pdf or html for those not yet conversant with docbook?

The content definitely needs work to get it up to date and accurate, and
we should strip out remarks such as "in version 0.4" since this doc
should refers to the version it's in SVN with. It may also need some
re-org but that will probably come about as we rework the content.

I suggest that this book be strictly user documentation and we strip out
any design stuff that may have been imported from the wiki. We need
design docs also but they're separate. I'm currently thinking that
design docs belong closer to the source, e.g. in doxygen for C++.

I'll give the clustering content the once-over, may take me a week or
two though.

Anyone know any good open-source docbook WYSIWYG editing tools? Editing
the raw XML is a little unappealing :)

Project: http://qpid.apache.org