On 03/12/2010 10:40 AM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Alan Conway<acon...@redhat.com>  wrote:
On 03/11/2010 06:41 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

Hi All,

Currently quite a bit of options can be configured via the Java
Connection URL, which tends to make it ungainly and quite error prone.
If we are to think in terms of a  "Connection String" instead of a
"Connection URL" , then I believe we could come up with a more simpler
solution.

Therefore I'd like to make the following proposals.

1) Introduce a simple scheme for a "Connection String" ( inspired by
the new addressing format)
2) Also allow the ability to specify the config using a property file.

* I hate having to specify user/pass when the auth mech (ex kerberos)
is not even using it. Therefore it should be optional !

1. 0 Connection String
1.1 Examples
      "tcp://localhost"
      "tcp://localhost:8672; {ssl: true, sasl-mech : EXTERNAL,
ssl-trust-store : ~/cert.jks ..} "
      "tcp://host1.example.com; {user: bob, pass: nuts} ,
tcp://host2.example.com; {user: ding, pass: dong} ..."

I think there is value in keeping to a URL-friendly
Could you please elaborate on this?

I mean avoiding characters that are not allowed in URLs, in particular spaces which are troublesome in a variety of contexts. However I if the spaces are optional (I think they are given that there are always other separators involved ,:{} then that may not be an issue.