On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/19/2010 02:57 PM, Alan Conway wrote:
>>
>> URLs are a widely accepted format for addressing and part of the AMQP
>> 0-10 standard for addressing brokers,  so I think it would be valuable
>> to make it easy for these strings to be included in URLs.
>
> Does the currently defined URL scheme for AMQP 0-10 support options? It is
> certainly a different form from the example URls given in this thread and
> currently is only supported in c++.

I don't know if it does as it was designed for a specific purpose.
IIRC correctly the AMQP 0-10 format was introduced to provide the list
of brokers through the failover exchange.
All most all the options are client side configuration and don't need
to be shipped around.

We could use existing URL parsers if we somehow shoehorn the
connection string into a URL format.
But I'd argue the issues surrounding the current Java URL connection
format far outweighed those benefits.

--
Regards,

Rajith Attapattu