I'm +1 on the -1 on maven. We've had many bad experiences with maven in the past. It's basically impossible to produce repeatable builds with maven for many well documented reasons that I won't recount.

In general I would prefer to avoid adding more build technologies into the mix for qpid unless it is *absolutely* necessary. We already have ant, nant, autotools, cmake, make, rake, distutils, and various shell scripts already required to actually produce something useful from our source code. Let's not make this picture any worse.

--Rafael

Rajith Attapattu wrote:
I really don't like to use Maven.
The problem is it will download the whole world into my computer.
I believe in order to do a build you needed to be connected to the
internet as well (pls correct me if I am wrong).

Having said that we need something that works well on every OS. The
current solution is not quite there.
But I don't think the answer is Maven.
All though the tool chain is downloaded outside of the checkout, it
still does download a whole lot more.

Regards,

Rajith