I really don't like to use Maven.
The problem is it will download the whole world into my computer.
I believe in order to do a build you needed to be connected to the
internet as well (pls correct me if I am wrong).

Having said that we need something that works well on every OS. The
current solution is not quite there.
But I don't think the answer is Maven.
All though the tool chain is downloaded outside of the checkout, it
still does download a whole lot more.

Regards,

Rajith

--