I think I am not making any noise in middle of this discussion.
When I browse through the qpid web site I faced with some of the problems
reported in [1]. I think we need to re-arrange the web site with the same
content in a more user friendly manner where a user pick what he/she wants
in minimum time.  What I suggest is the following left panel menu and site
should be generated with maven site plugin[2].

+ Download
 |    + Releases
 |    + Source code

+ Documentation