>>> http://people.apache.org/~rajith/qpid_3/
>>> http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/website/qpid_4/
>
> I've managed to get us a navigation bar on the Wiki again:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Index
>
> While we phase out the Wiki, I'll try to keep the color palette coordinated
> with whatever we choose for the web site going forward. We should also try
> to coordinate with the epydoc and doxygen color schemes. That makes
> largely-white with blue and grey very practical ...

Agreed and that is the main reason why I went for the minimalistic
approach in qpid_1 and qpid_3.
qpid_2 was an experiment gone horribly wrong :)
For qpid_3 I was sort of thinking about using the colors in the
feature boxes to flow into the documentation.
For example the broker/administration guide could use the same dark
blue (#002C42) on the top and bottom strips that seem to be common in
default doc book style sheets.
And then the programming guide and management guides could use the
respective colors from the feature boxes.
However I am not sure how practical that is.

I am happy with whatever that is practical and maintainable by anybody
with minimal knowledge about HTML/CSS.

--
Regards,

Rajith Attapattu