On 11/14/2010 05:22 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
Hi all,

Qpid 0.8 RC2 can nowbe found for download at:
http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/0.8/RC2/

I tested the C++ package qpid-cpp-0.8.tar.gz on fedora and rhel5 with cluster pre-requisites installed.

There's an out of date RELEASE_NOTES file from the M4 release. Do we overwrite that each time or do we have a better way of getting release notes (e.g. from JIRAs)? It is referred to by README.txt so if we remove it we need to update that.

No problem with ./configure; make check; make install
Started a cluster, did some basic tests, everything looks ok.

examples/README.txt had inconsistent line endings, I checked in a fix on 0.8 branch & trunk

examples/qmf_agent is missing. Its there in the source tree but is missing the makefile magic to put it in the package.

examples/qmf_console has no documentation in README.txt