Creating (non-temporary) durable queues has always been the default afaik,
and given that the default delivery mode for the messages themselves is
persistent that probably makes some amount of sense. Such a change wont have
been caught by the tests since the profiles all still default to the old
syntax..

The JMS API wont cover this because it doesn't really cover queue creation,
except to say that it doesn't :)

Robbie