2) By default, on creating a consumer, the Java Client declares (creates)
the queue with the properties in the Destination Object.

until such a time ass we fix issue 2 (and we should do this ASAP - it's long
>> overdue)
>>
>> Issue 2 is already fixed.
> When I implemented addressing I did try to preserve backwards compatibility
> all though I regret it now.
> (However I didn't know that the queues created using session.createQueue
> were durable by default.)
>
> Also we need to explicitly document what the default behaviour is for the
> benefit of our users.

To be clear if you do

Queue q = session.createQueue("myQueue");
MessageConsumer mc = session.createConsumer(q);

You are saying that no queue called "myQueue" will be created on the Broker
now?

I thought that what was being said was that it is still created, but while
previously this would have created a durable queue, now it creates a
transient one

-- Rob