On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Robbie Gemmell
<robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11 March 2011 15:30, Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2) By default, on creating a consumer, the Java Client declares (creates)
> > the queue with the properties in the Destination Object.
> >
> > until such a time ass we fix issue 2 (and we should do this ASAP - it's
> > long

> > > When I implemented addressing I did try to preserve backwards
> > compatibility
> > > all though I regret it now.
> > > (However I didn't know that the queues created using
> session.createQueue
> > > were durable by default.)
> > >
> > > Also we need to explicitly document what the default behaviour is for
> the
> > > benefit of our users.
> > >

> > To be clear if you do
> >
> > Queue q = session.createQueue("myQueue");
> > MessageConsumer mc = session.createConsumer(q);
> >
> > You are saying that no queue called "myQueue" will be created on the
> Broker
> > now?
> >
> > I thought that what was being said was that it is still created, but
> while
> > previously this would have created a durable queue, now it creates a
> > transient one
> >
> > -- Rob
> >

> I believe that is exactly what was being said by Danushka (and myself).
> Just
> to confirm my own sanity I have checked that doing the above does indeed
> now
> create a transient 'myQueue' when using trunk, but when using an older
> client isntead creates a durable queue.
>
> I don't think there was any disagreement about the previous or current
behaviour.
I believe the disagreement was about making the queue 'durable' by default.

> The correct course of action is of course to stop the client creating any
> queues by default so that people must explicitly choose what they want.

Yes I am hoping to create a JIRA and make that simple fix and ask it to be
included in the 0.10 release.
The fix is very simple. Just needs to remove the line that sets create
option to always.