I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" persuasion and I don't have
any problem with svn. In the beginning of my Qpid work before I had svn
access I used git and I was happy to be able to leave it behind - I just
never quite got the way it works maybe.

I'd rather not move exclusively to git. However, if those that do a lot
more branching and changes strongly want to, I'll go along.

-Steve