On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 19:07 -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:

> The code is nearing the point where a first release is in sight, and
> this does raise two infrastructure questions.
>
> 1) We'll need to do something for bug tracking.
> 2) It would be extremely helpful to have an email list for proton users.

As against all the other opinions here I'm of the opinion that we
already have a suitable low overhead mailing list for proton - this one
(dev@qpid.apache.org).

I see no reason why you haven't already been using it for your proton
discussions and I also would rather not balkanise qpid development by
having a new developer list.

>From the qpid dev list perspective the proton work has been effectively
silent and so it can't be said that you've tried to use the dev list and
it has failed in some way.

This list is not very busy as it is and so could easily cope with the
extra emails and I think the cross fertilisation makes sense.

Someone suggested that this list is actually high bandwidth because of
the jiras coming here too, personally I filter them away so they don't
interfere with my own enjoyment of the list! I think the solution in
that case is to create a different list for the jiras which probably
don't add too much to the discussion on the list.

Why do we need a new list for proton?

Andrew