Hi Folks,

I'm interested in using Proton in the ActiveMQ's Apollo message broker.
 From my point of view, I'd be happy if Proton stays in Qpid as long it
continues to make progress so that It can be used by Apollo.  Progress not
only features and stability be also in terms of timely releases.  If for
whatever reason the QPID pmc fails to foster that progress, I'm sure the
ActiveMQ pmc would be happy help those team members working on Proton in
any way it can.

Regards,
Hiram

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > To me the key is that they be governed in 'The Apache Way' - openly,
> > meritocratically, seeking consensus - as the best way to serve the
> community
> > as a whole.
> >
> > As I said, I think the actual structure that makes the most sense will I
> > think become clearer with time. I can see merit in all three of the
> > hypothetical scenarios you listed.
> >
> > Lets get through a couple of proton releases; lets grow the community and
> > hear how they get on using it; lets see where the deeper understanding of
> > APIs that has emerged leads us; and yes, by all means lets re-evaluate
> what
> > we are doing along side proton.
>
> This is precisely my point too.  Let it grow organically and time will
> tell what the correct approach should be.
>
> However lets not get into silly arguments about a mailing list.
> ** A separate mailing list doesn't imply we are deciding on a
> particular approach. **
> There seems to be an audience out there that is interested in
> "Proton", but not necessarily Qpid.
> So lets help them get on board with a separate mailing list. Lets not
> make silly arguments like adding mail filters etc...
>
> An extra mailing list is not going to cost us anything. If this proves
> to be low traffic we can easily get rid of it in the future !
>
> Rajith
>
> P.S Gordon I didn't imply you are the one making the silly argument.
> Rather I used your point about growing the community and deciding
> later, as a basis for addressing the community in general.

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Software Fellow | FuseSource Corp.*

*chir...@fusesource.com | fusesource.com*