On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 07:20 +0000, Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> The reason the SVN integration was dropped was because the code that runs
> that module was extremely inefficient.
> We submitted a patch to Atlassian, which to my knowledge still has yet to be
> applied, and until it is we cannot run it as the current code cannot cope
> with a repo of >=1.4m revs.
>
> So until that situation is resolved we will not run that code again, as it
> was incredibly detrimental to the JIRA service.  If someone finds a *good*
> 3rd party plugin, available via the Atlassian UPM we might consider that.
> But I have yet to see one.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Is this also true for git integration? Is there git integration
available for JIRA (that we could potentially use)?

> There is *nothing* stopping you entering the JIRA issue into the commit log
> anyway, thats seems like a good practice to me anyway. So when and if the
> service is ultimately restored it will pick it up anyway.

I was not suggesting that we will stop entering the issue number in the
commit log at all. Just that we might need some other way to get from
the JIRA entry to the commit (I'm thinking of an automatic process that
examines our commit entries and then adds svn urls to the JIRA issues in
a comment).

Andrew