So, since I sent that mail I think we revised our thinking mostly based on
arguments about what a "type" is (if everything is derived from
org.amqp.Manageable" or something then the type restriction doesn't really
help)... though I admit to hating it myself quite a lot.  One option is to
use a path like structure for names (as one might do in a REST API), so
"/queue/foo" and "/user/foo" would be distinct... however this has the very
undesirable effect of making it virtually impossible for a user to pick a
name for the object they are creating unless they understand the scheme.
Another alternative might be to say that different management nodes should
be used for things that have distinct namespaces... so $management might
know of two other management nodes $management.queues and $management.users
and via meta data discovery you could work out where you would have to go
to manage users, and where to go to manage queues... The next OASIS call is
next week, it would be good if you could come along and we can have the
discussion with the others involved.

-- Rob