On 05/01/2011 02:20 AM, D Herring wrote:
Also collect a set of "cool" programs for people to use.  It is easier
for people to understand "this was implemented in Racket" than "Racket's
features might let me make that".  Many people make decisions based on
first impressions.  When I was an undergrad, I preferred "Clean" over
the ML languages largely because the former had a side-scrolling game
demo...  Here's another anecdote.
http://prog21.dadgum.com/97.html

How many other open source languages or libraries make it as easy to write native GUI applications on Windows, OS X and X11? I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Surely this is an opportunity for some killer demo programs.

--
Brian Mastenbrook
br...@mastenbrook.net